List of the Asian Countries and Currencies in the year 2023.
The looming fuel costs have amplified the pressure on the Asian currencies. This is because the majority of investors are retreating from the Asian territories. Today, we shall list all the currencies used in Asia or by Asian countries from the year 2022 to 2023.
The main currency in Asia
Currently, the Chinese yuan and Indian Rupee are the widely spread currencies in Asian countries. However, almost all the countries in Asia utilize their currency for business dealings and payments.
In the next section, we will list the name of the country or territory. Then, we will provide the names of the respective currencies and the short form. Have a look at the list of Asian countries and their currencies in the current year.
List of the Asian Countries and Currencies in 2023
- Afghanistan. Afghan Afghani, AFN
- Armenia. Armenian Dram, AMD
- Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan manat, AZN
- Bahrain. Bahraini Dinar, BHD.
- Bangladesh. Bangladeshi Taka, BDT
- Bhutan. Bhutanese ngultrum, BTN
- British Indian Ocean Territory (UK). United States dollar, USD.
- Brunei. Brunei dollar, BND.
- Cambodia.Cambodian Riel, KHR.
- China. Chinese Yuan Renminbi, CNY.
- Christmas Island (Australia). The Australian dollar, AUD.
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands. (Australia) The Australian dollar, AUD.
- Cyprus. European euro, EUR.
- Georgia. Georgian Lari, GEL.
- Hong Kong (China). Hong Kong dollar, HKD.
- India. Indian rupee, INR.
- Indonesia. Indonesian Rupiah, IDR.
- Iran. The Iranian rial, IRR.
- Iraq. Iraqi dinar, IQD.
- Israel. Israeli new shekel, ILS
- Japan. Japanese Yen, JPY.
- Jordan. Jordanian dinar, JOD.
- Kazakhstan. Kazakhstani Tenge, KZT.
- Kuwait. Kuwaiti dinar, KWD. It’s the biggest currency in Asia and the world today.
- Kyrgyzstan. Kyrgyzstani som, KGS.
- Laos. Lao Kip, LAK.
- Lebanon. Lebanese pound, LBP.
- Macau (China) Macanese pataca, MOP.
- Malaysia. Malaysian Ringgit, MYR.
- Maldives, Maldivian Rufiyaa. MVR.
- Mongolia. Mongolian tugrik, MNT.
- Myanmar (formerly Burma) Myanmar Kyat, MMK.
- Nepal, Nepalese rupee, NPR.
- North Korea. North Korea won, KPW.
- Oman. Omani rial, OMR.
- Pakistan. Pakistani rupee, PKR.
- Palestine. Israeli new shekels
- The Philippines. Philippine peso, PHP.
- Qatar. Qatari riyal, QAR.
- Russia. Russian Ruble, RUB.
- Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabian riyal, SAR.
- Singapore. Singapore dollar, SGD.
- South Korea. South Korea won, KRW.
- Sri Lanka. Sri Lankan rupee, LKR.
- Syria. Syrian pound, SYP.
- Taiwan. New Taiwan dollar, TWD.
- Tajikistan. Tajikistani somoni, TJS.
- Thailand. Thai Baht, THB.
- Timor-Leste, United States dollar, USD.
- Turkey. The Turkish lira, TRY.
- Turkmenistan. Turkmen manat, TMT.
- United Arab Emirates. UAE dirham, AED.
- Uzbekistan Uzbekistani som, UZS.
- Vietnam. Vietnamese Dong, VND. And finally,
- Yemen. Yemeni rial, YER.
Last but not least, the Vietnamese Dong is currently the lowest currency in the Asian continent. If you missed our previous post, here is a list of the cheapest currency/currencies in the world right now.
Lastly, here are the 10 most valuable currencies in the world in 2023.