Kenya is undoubtedly a poor country because over 70% of the population lives below the transnational poverty level. As such, we have to say that Kenya is still an underprivileged nation even though it’s the most developed country in East Africa right now. Today, we shall list the top ten or top 10 richest politicians in Kenya from the year 2022 to 2023.
First of all, Kenyan Members of Parliament are the second-highest-paid politicians in the world after Nigeria. This is because they earn $6,450 (KSh 710,000) per month, and over KSh 300,000 as monthly allowances.
Secondly, most of the wealthy politicians in Kenya not only rely on their monthly or annual salaries. This is because most of them have side hustle businesses that do pay well to sustain their living standards. A good example is the number of properties and companies owned by Dr. William Ruto.
Richest Politician in Kenya
Uhuru Kenyatta is the richest politician in Kenya in 2023 right now. Uhuru Kenyatta’s net worth is estimated to be $790 million (KSh 92.4 billion) as of today. Here is a list of the top 10 richest people in Kenya in 2023.
Gideon Moi is the second richest politician in Kenya followed by President William Ruto with an estimated net worth of $550 million (tie) each.
In summary, below is a simplified list of the 10 rich or wealthiest politicians in Kenya and their net worth for the year 2023.
Top 10 Richest Politicians in Kenya 2023
- Uhuru Kenyatta. Net Worth 2023 – $750 million.
- Gideon Moi. Net Worth 2023 – $550 million.
- William Ruto. Net Worth 2023 – $550 million.
- Raila Odinga. Net Worth 2023 – $510 million.
- Kalonzo Musyoka. Net Worth 2023 – $200 million.
- Kiraitu Murungi. Net Worth 2023 – $80 million.
- Mwai Kibaki (the late). Net Worth 2023 – $70 million.
- Moses Wetangula. Net Worth 2023 – $60 million.
- Johnstone Muthama. Net Worth 2023 – $35 million. And finally on the top 10 list of the richest Kenyan politicians,
- William Kabogo. Net Worth 2023 – $25 million.
Other rich politicians in Kenya include Musalia Mudavadi (KSh.4 billion), Mike Sonko (KSh.10 billion), and Amos Wako (KSh.805 million).
Lastly, here are the most stunning female politicians in Kenya.