The top 5 strongest currency or currencies in the Southeast Asia continent from the year 2021 to 2022 (ranking).
In our previous post, we covered the 10 most powerful and highest currencies in the Asian continent. Today, we shall list the top 5 strongest currencies in Southeast Asia according to the 2022 currency ranking.
First of all, Southeast Asia comprises 11 countries. These include Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. As mentioned in our aforesaid article, the Lao Kip (LAK) is still the weakest currency in the Asian continent.
The six main countries of Southeast Asia
The 6 main countries in Southeast Asia are Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Thailand, Vietnam, and the small city-state of Singapore at the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula.
Southeast Asia currency Ranking
Southeast Asia’s currency ranking is determined by the value of each denomination of a nation’s currency against the US dollar.
Strongest currency in Southeast Asia
Timor-Leste is the country with the most valuable currency in Southeast Asia right now. However, despite gaining independence in the year 2002, Timor-Leste is a poor country because over 42.5 percent of the total population live below poverty levels.
What is the highest currency in Southeast Asia?
As such, the Brunei dollar is now the highest currency in Southeast Asia in 2022. This is because 1 Brunei dollar, BND is equal to 0.75 US dollars.
So, which is the most valuable, highest, and strongest currency in Southeast Asia right now? Below is an outline of the exchange rate for each of the nations’ currencies in Southeast Asia against the US dollar in 2022.
Top 5 Strongest Currency in Southeast Asia 2022
- Timor-Leste. United States dollar, USD.
- Brunei. 1 Brunei dollar, BND = 0.75 dollars.
- Singapore. 1 Singapore dollar, SGD = 0.74 dollars.
- Malaysia. 1 Malaysian Ringgit, MYR = 0.24 dollars.
- Thailand. 1 Thai Baht, THB = 0.031 dollars.
- Philippines. 1 Philippine peso, PHP = 0.021 dollars.
Weakest currencies in Southeast Asia 2022
- Burma (Myanmar). 1 Myanmar Kyat, MMK = 0.0083 dollars.
- Cambodia. 1 Cambodian Riel, KHR = 0.00024 dollars.
- Vietnam. 1 Vietnamese Dong, VND = 0.000045 dollars.
- Indonesia. 1 Indonesian Rupiah, IDR = 0.000070 dollars. And finally,
- Laos. 1 Lao Kip, LAK = 0.000090 dollars.